History of the Company
Elkimia was founded in 2005 and had a mission to accelerate the drug discovery process (Drug Discovery/Lead identification) by providing researchers – chemists – key chemical intermediates via an online catalogue (e-commerce) or via specialized databases such chemcats, ABS etc.
Elkimia has diversified by offering the following services:
- Custom Synthesis;
- Consulting services (R&D project management, financing etc.)
Since 2010, Elkimia began to explore the development of new products that will have broad and rapid industrial applications. Recently, Elkimia has discovered a new class of molecules that have protective properties of the UV light and have great potential in various applications including:
- Cosmetics: sunscreens;
- Painting, coating, plastics and colour pigments;
- Skin cancer treatment.
In addition to continuing to offer its products and services, the new mission of Elkimia is defined as:
- Provide to affected industries (pharmaceutical, cosmetic, paint, plastic and textile) a portfolio of innovative products (patented) which have an optimal profile vis à vis the following aspects:
- Excellent absorption of UVA and UVB;
- Photolabile, stability, compatibility with various vehicles and mixtures (cream lotion, spray, etc);
- Easy to produce and to manufacture on medium and large scale;
- Non-toxic with no side effects on human lives.